Release Notes for the Digital Sales Reporting Message Suite Standard
Changes between Versions 4.1 and 4.0
Version 4.0 provides the following changes and new:
- Adding an IsMainRelease attribute into the Release composite;
- Adding a AlternativeConversionRate into the SalesToSocietyByTerritory and SalesToRecordCompanyByTerritory;
- Changing the cardinality of the ArtistRole for artists from 0-∞ to 1-∞;
- Adding a ConversionRate composite for use in sales reports;
- Adding a RightsClaimModel into Commercial ModelType allowed value set;
- Adding PurchaseAsPhysicalProduct into the UseType allowed value set;
- Adding ClassicalAlbum into the ReleaseType allowed-value set; and
- Updated list of ISO territory, currency and language codes.
Changes between Versions 4.0 and 3.2
Version 4.0 provides the following changes and new features (all but the first two changes are forward-compatible changes, i.e. a message created in version 3.2 would still validate if checked with a version 4.0 parser):
- Changed the linking of Release identity between the ContainedReleaseSummary and SalesReport from the use of a ReleaseID (such as a GRid) to the use of an ID/IDREF pair;
- The same change was also made for the linking of
- Work identity (between Works and Resources);
- Resource identity (between Resources and the Releases);
- Collection identity (between Collections and Resources/Releases); and
- CueSheet identity (between Cues and Resources);
- Support signalling a Release and Business Profile through XML Attributes on root level;
- Simplification of the allowed value sets to communicate CommercialModelType, UseType, UserInterfaceType and DistributionChannelType. Note that some allowed values were deprecated but not yet removed from the standard; these values are marked as being “deprecated” in the data dictionary and DDEX advises that such values will be removed at a future date and therefore recommends against using them;
- Added a uniform method to indicate that a party ID is an International Standard Name Identifier (ISNI) or DDEX Party ID (DPID);
- Updated the ISO 4217a list of currencies, including adding AFN, AZN, CLF, COU, CUC, GHS, MGA, MXV, RON, RSD, SDG, TMT, TRY, UYI, VEF, ZWL;
- Updated of ISO 3166a2 list of countries, including adding MF;
- Added the ability to provide additional Deal details:
- EffectiveUnitRoyaltyRateNetInCurrencyOfAccounting; and
- Added the ability to classify a sales transaction as a replacement purchase for a sales transaction reported earlier; and
- Added a mechanism to communicate allowed value sets from a later version of this standard within the schema defined herein.
- In addition there are changes to the ddex.xsd and ddexC.xsd baseline schema files that have been implemented to support other DDEX standards but that do not impact upon version 4.0 of the Digital Sales Reporting Message Suite Standard.
Changes between Versions 3.2 and 3.1.2
Version 3.2 provides the following new features
- Stand-alone InvoiceMessage;
- Ability to signal whether a Collection was “complete” as time of the Use;
- Ability to include a “displaced” MusicalWorkId element on selected Resource composites;
- Ability to provide multiple names for each Party for allow, for instance, for different spellings and/or character sets;
- Ability to chapter Audio Resources (e.g. for audio books, Medleys and Potrpotrris);
- Update of the ReleaseRelationshipType list for increased support for mobile Releases;
- Addition of QCELP to the AudioCodecTypes; and
- Various bug fixes on data types and (obvious) mistakes in definitions.
Changes between Versions 3.1.2 and 3.1.1
Version 3.1.2 corrected a bug that made the use of Collections impossible.
Changes between Versions 3.1 and 3.1.1
Version 3.1.1 corrects a few bugs from Version 3.1:
- The order of the main message elements has been changed to make simple audiovisual Releases easier to ingest. The new order is: Works-Cues-Resources-Collections-Releases-Sales Data;
- The Duration field within the Video Resource composite has been made mandatory to align with all other linear Resource types;
- The ability to infom the recipient of a sales report about the type of a Resource when the reported sales were with respect to a Resource (as opposed to a Release) and the re- source is identified with a Proprietaryid.
In addition, version 3.1.1 provides these features above version 3.1:
- Support for providing a rationale why a cue sheet is not provided while the provision of cue sheets is Contractually Mandatory;
- Support for distinguishing between Sales of DRM-protected and non DRM-protected Releases, lossily coded and losslessly coded Releases, high-definition and standard definition Releases and Releases coded at different bit rates;
- Support for distinguishing between Sales of promotional and non-proportional Release uses;
- Support for physical distribution of Releases by providing CarrierType information (a.k.a. configurations); and
- Alignment of TitleTypes with those provided in Common Works Registration process.